Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Catching up

It feels so good to be blogging again. The reason I was gone so long was computer issues. I finally got it all worked out and turns out, I just needed a new monitor. So I went to Best Buy today planning to get the same size as my old monitor but couldn't remember how big it was so I went with the 21.5". Well, the new one is definitely bigger so that'll take some getting used to. I've been using my iPod for the past few weeks, so I guess anything bigger than a couple inches across seems particularly gigantic.

After a month away, there's plenty to catch up on. Obviously, I had a few hauls, so I'll update my inventory page tonight and have a couple haul posts over the next few days. I've also been working on organizing my collection since it's getting pretty big. So, I've been making nail wheels to organize swatches. I know most people buy the plastic ones but I just used toothpicks, fake nails, and paper to put them together. It works out to maybe a quarter each wheel (for a dozen nail swatches on each). If anyone wants to see those, I can post that. It's super easy to do and the most time-consuming part is waiting for glue to dry (and deciding how to group polishes--I finally settled on doing it by colour rather than brand).

Last month, my sister proposed an interesting challenge to me. I had to use each polish in my collection exactly once before repeating any of them. The only exceptions are that I can use some of my glitter top coats more than once or use any colour as an accent or a konad image. But the main colour cannot be repeated. I have to admit I thought it would much easier than it has been. I don't want to use my very favourite polishes all at the start and not be able to use them again for months. So this challenge has definitely affected how I choose what colour I paint my nails each day. 

I've tried to read all of the blogs I follow but I've definitely missed a few posts so I'll be catching up on those this week. One post I'm glad I didn't miss is by Steph at Imperfectly Painted and I wanted to share it with everyone. She's having a giveaway to celebrate 500 followers. (Over 600 now.) I've mentioned her blog before on here because I love reading it and I'm super jealous of her collection. So, check it out if you haven't already. Here's what you can win:
There's a few nail polishes (including MAC Bad Fairy!), as well as holographic glitter. I've gotta say those Sally Hansen HDs are amazing. I've bought two so far and they really are gorgeous.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that I got my package from Viva la Nails. There are some amazing glitters and decals. I've been working on some nail art with those so I'll elaborate on that in another post.

Now, the very last thing to do is apologize for being gone for so long. If I wasn't so hopeless with computers, it would have been a much shorter hiatus. So, I want to thank my readers for being patient with me. And to say thank you, I've got a bit of an idea for a 50 follower giveaway (although that might be a while away).

2 comments:

jbrobeck said...

glad you are back! can't wait to see your hauls =)

Michelle said...

Thanks! It might take a while to finish all my haul posts. I didn't realize how much I bought this past month until I laid it all out to blog about. I think it might be time for a low-buy.