Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

This is what a month's worth of nail polish hauling looks like (part one)

I knew I bought a fair amount of nail polishes each month.  But I didn't realize just how many I do buy. Normally, I buy a couple at a time and write about them right away. After waiting a month to combine all my mini-hauls into one post, though, there's no way to deny that it might just be too many. I know what you're thinking, I didn't think that was possible either. Judge for yourself. Here's what one month of hauling looks like:
 The photos aren't all color-accurate and some are a bit blurry but I'll do swatches and reviews on each separately. Now, where to begin? Maybe I should start by defending my purchases. Doesn't seem to be much of a point to that, though. If you're reading this, chances are you have a collection to rival mine or at the very least, you appreciate nail polish. So I won't exactly defend it. I'll just say that most of these polishes were on sale. And we all know a sale makes just about anything justified.

First up is one of my very favourite polishes ever (and that is saying quite a bit). From the Cosmic FX collection: Orly's Space Cadet. I know everyone has seen this polish a million times already on just about every blog out there. Well, there's a reason for that. It is absolutely amazing. Sometimes it looks purple, sometimes green, even gold. I only chose one polish from the Cosmic FX collection (possibly the hardest makeup decision I have ever made) but I think after going back and forth, I made the right choice.

Onto the rest of my Orlys now. Believe it or not, I only started buying from this brand in the past couple months. My sister started the love affair when she bought me Viridian Vinyl for my birthday. Since then, it has definitely become one of my favourite brands. Here is (left to right) Love Each Other, Prince Charming, Act Your Shoe Size, and Moonlit Madness.

Can you believe until a week ago I never owned an OPI? Sure, they have amazing colours and some of the names are adorable but they're expensive and there's only one store near me that has them. And even there the selection is limited. Anyway, they had the Burlesque collection and all the glitters were calling my name. So I allowed myself just one. A couple were similar to others I had, though far from exact dupes. Finally I settled on Extra-va-vaganza! because the orange glitter seemed perfect for fall and since it was a better deal if you bought two, I also picked up What's With the Cattitude?. First off, I didn't have any pale blue cremes but more importantly, I have such a crush on Puss in Boots. That first scene where Shrek meets him and Puss takes off his hat and looks up with those big, innocent cat eyes absolutely melts my heart. How cute is this?
But I don't really know what a pastel blue creme has to do with it. Does anyone know?

Another brand I've been getting into lately is China Glaze. (I've pretty much gone through the drugstore selection and am moving up in the world of nail polish, much to the chagrin of my wallet.) Here's Shower Together, Avalanche, and Watermelon Rind.


I've got quite a few more to share, so I'll break this up into a couple posts. For now, I'm going to watch Mad Men, then bed. Good night.

No comments: