Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Haul Post

I mentioned in my last post that I did a ton of hauling in the past month. Too much, if you ask some people. I'm not one of those people. Most of my purchases were nail polish so I'll do those separately but I got a few other things too so I'll get those done with first.

I absolutely love Halloween. Obviously for the dressing up (and candy doesn't hurt) but also because dollar stores always have great accessories like fake lashes or nail stuff for super cheap. I might never need holographic foil lashes but for a dollar, they're great to have on hand and you never know, they could be useful for a costume or just a fun makeup look. So, I bought silver, pink, and purple.

Another thing I found at a dollar store was a bag of this Halloween confetti. The witches are definitely too big for my nails but I have a couple ideas on how to use the others for some themed nail art. So, keep an eye out for that near the end of the month.

I haven't actually bought too much makeup over the past few weeks (excluding nail polish of course). But I did get some NYX glitter. Disco Ball is a silver holographic loose glitter. I've seen it a few times in the store and just could not resist any longer. I paid more than I wanted to so when I got home I had to look on eBay because I knew I could find a better deal, which I did. Now I'm waiting for a set of 12 to come in the mail. (One of each glitter, including an extra Disco Ball plus two for my sister.) Do I really need an extra Disco Ball? Is it glitter? Is it holographic? Then, yes. I do.


While I was at Sally Beauty doing my monthly haul, I spotted a few Sally Girl items that I just couldn't pass on for the price. In Canada, they're $1.39 but with a Sally Card, $1.34 each. Plus I got 15% off everything. I don't know how I went so long without a Sally Card. It costs $5 for the year but you get a $5 coupon the month after you buy it, plus discounts on everything in store and if you spend $35 in a month, you get a 15% off coupon to use the following month. And it's so easy to spend $35. A Seche Vite, a couple Orlys, maybe a hair dye or two and that's it an extra 15% discount. So, if you haven't already signed up, do it. Ok, enough of sounding like a spokesperson, back to the makeup. Most of these aren't labeled with names but I got two nail polishes (dark purple creme and a teal creme), three loose glitters, and two eye shadows. The loose glitters are patted on Pixie Epoxy and the eye shadows are swatched over a cream base. The pigmentation in these shadows seems pretty good and they blend well.

There's plenty more to share but I'll leave it to another post. The last thing I wanted to mention is that I finally ordered some Daiya cheese. It's a vegan "cheddar" that actually tastes and melts like the real thing. I tried some a couple months ago and it was soooo good but it's pretty expensive so I'd been putting off ordering it. My 5lb bag came today. I know five pounds is a lot but it freezes well and tastes so yummy. I had poutine for breakfast and am considering grilled cheese for lunch and maybe just a bowl of cheese for dinner. If any readers are vegan or vegetarian or even just lactose intolerant or want to try something different, definitely try this. Obviously, you can buy less than I did.

No comments: