Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Monster Nails

I just wanted to quickly share a couple Halloween themed nails. First up is Frankenstein's monster. I know a few people have posted similar designs lately and if I can find the original post, I'll link to it here. This is just my take on it.
I used SH Xtreme Wear in Green with Envy for the skin; hair and mouth are Xtreme Wear Black Out; eyes are Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow and Black Out; and, you can't see too clearly in this pic, but his stitches (on ring finger) are Rimmel Grey Matter. Obviously, this is before clean-up but don't worry, I don't leave the house with polish all around my cuticles.

I just wanted to get something out there, and it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I guess it's personal preference, but I don't understand when people do nail art and draw the top of the image at the free edge of the nail. I've always drawn the top at the base of the nail so it' easier for other people to see without me having to twist my hand upside down. That always seemed to make sense to me but I really want to hear from someone who paints their nails the opposite way. Is there any benefit to having the top of the image at the free edge?

Moving on, I also did vampire nails. Unfortunately, the only one that ended looking decent was my thumb so I did blood splatters on my other fingers to complement that. 
This one is a little less obvious than the other but I think the widow's peak and bloody mouth give it away fairly well. I used Wet n Wild French White Creme, Xtreme Wear Black Out, Rimmel Rapid Ruby for the lips, and Xtreme Wear Red Carpet for the blood drops. I know blood isn't glittery but I like how it made the design "pop" a bit.

I know I said I was done hauling for a bit, but I went to the cosmetic outlet near my house and picked up a few polishes. I'll have the post up later today but for now I'll just say that I found a couple bottles of a brand I thought I'd never get my hands on.

No comments: