Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fyrinnae Swatches

I finally got some decent swatch photos done of my new Fyrinnae shades. These loose shadows go on well, blend smoothly, and last long over a primer. I only bought a few shades since it was my first order and I wanted to try just a couple before committing to a lot of shadows I might not wear. Well, I'm already planning my next order. And I have a feeling it will be considerably larger than this one.


Parental Advisory. With flash.Left to right: Primer; Primer + Pixie Epoxy; Pixie Epoxy; no baseParental Advisory. No flash. Left to right: Primer; Primer + Pixie Epoxy; Pixie Epoxy; no base

Parental Advisory is somewhere between the two photos. More purple than the pic with flash, not quite as dark as the no flash, and very sparkly. The second from left in the no flash photo shows it best, but again, it has a lot of shimmer that isn't showing up. This colour really needs a primer and (if you have it) pixie epoxy.

1.22 Gigawatts. With flash. Left to right: Primer; Primer + Pixie Epoxy; Pixie Epoxy; no base
1.22 Gigawatts. No flash. Left to right: Primer; Primer + Pixie Epoxy; Pixie Epoxy; no base

The no flash photo is much closer, but it's a bit brighter than this. And this shadow has tons of sparkle. Fyrinnae's swatch photo is pretty accurate for this shade. I've had bright blue eye shadow on my wish list for a while, and 1.22 Gigawatts definitely fills the role.


Bifrost. Left to right: Primer; Primer + Pixie Epoxy; Pixie Epoxy; no base

This colour actually photographed amazingly well. Bifrost is a pure, bright, vibrant, glittery yellow. The kind of yellow that is nearly impossible to find. I used it in an EOTD recently and got tons of compliments. Even if you think you'll never wear yellow eyeshadow, buy this colour because you will love it.

Edit: I just realized looking at these pics that the difference between using pixie epoxy/primer or no base isn't very obvious. But when actually applying the shadow, you really will notice it. The primer stops it from creasing and makes the colour more vibrant and the pixie epoxy really holds sparkle/shimmer in place.

2 comments:

Simone said...

Oh wow, you got the same Fyrinnae shadows as I did, haha. I love 1.22 Gigawatts, it's probably my favourite blue (so far). I like Bifrost too, but I prefer Aromaleigh's Livewire for a slightly more matte yellow. I tend to use Bifrost over the top of Livewire just for extra oomph :)

P.S. Thank you for the sidebar link to my giveaway! <3

Michelle said...

I went to the Aromaleigh website to check out Livewire but got distracted by all the gorgeous colours. That seems to happen a lot. I think I'll be ordering from them soon.