Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Tag + Ivy League

I know I said it was time for a no-buy, but here's something you should know about me: I'll always say it's time for a no-buy but I won't actually do it until my far more reasonable sister convinces me I have to slow down. So, I'm planning just a couple more hauls online (it doesn't count if it's online, right?) THEN I'll stop for a bit. So, I was looking through swatches on Imperfectly Painted trying to decide which polishes to get and I came across this tag from a few months back that I haven't done. I love when I get a chance to know more about bloggers, aside from their makeup and nail polish likes and habits. So, hopefully you guys find some of this interesting. But I won't be offended if you skip to the end for a nail swatch.

50 Things You Never Knew About Me

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Noon. I usually work nights so I don't get along well with mornings.

2. How do you like your steak?
Not a steak person at all. I've been vegan for almost two years.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The Town. Ben Affleck AND Jon Hamm? Awesomeness. Even aside from them, it was really good.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
All time, I'd have to say Jeopardy. I know that's such a nerd answer, I apologize. Right now? I love Mad Men and White Collar.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
It would definitely have to be close to a big city. I'd like New Jersey just so I can go to Devils and Giants home games.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
French fries with hot sauce and vegan Becel. I tend to eat meals at the wrong times. For example, after the dinner rush at work I usually have a bowl of oatmeal.

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
I really like Middle Eastern. And Italian is a classic.

8. What foods do you dislike? or rather don't prefer?
It always seems to surprise people that there are a lot of veggies I don't like. Broccoli, cauliflower, celery, etc. And obviously, I'm not a fan of meat, cheese, eggs, any of that stuff. (Though I do love Daiya vegan cheese.)

9. Favorite place to eat?
I like Fresh in Toronto because they have such an amazing vegan selection. For fast food, you can't beat Pita Pit.

10. Favorite dressing?
Either balsamic vinaigrette or something with sesame, soy sauce, ginger, that kind of flavour.

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
I have a sweet bike. It's pink and has a basket. And splash guards for the tires. It is my pride and joy.

12. What are your favorite clothes?
As much as I hate to admit it, I like sweat pants and hoodies. They're just so easy to wear. But I also love dressing up and looking nice even when I have nowhere special to go.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
I definitely want to travel across Canada. So far, I've just been to Quebec, and obviously Ontario. There's also a few cities in the States.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
I'm really not a fan of this question; like it's supposed to tell you everything you need to know about me.

15. Where would you want to retire?
Somewhere in Canada. Free healthcare is a retiree's dream, isn't it?

16. Favorite time of day?
Between midnight and 4am. I'm a night person, for sure.

17. Where were you born?
Toronto, ON.

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Hockey. Even though this season has been a bit depressing so far.

22. People watcher?
Yes. So much fun.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night

24. Do you have any pets?
Bonnie-a black lab, Sarge-a boxer who thinks he's a person, and Harry-a cat who thinks he's a dog.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
My sister is coming home for the weekend to go to the women's show with me. That's kinda exciting. And I'll tell you all about it on Monday.

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
For a while, I thought lawyer. That's so sad. Kids shouldn't want to be lawyers.

27. What is your best childhood memory?
One that really stands out is going to pick up one of our puppies when I was about twelve. There was a room full of tiny yellow labs. I love puppies. I think a lot of what I remember from my childhood focuses on the pets we had or our friend's pets. My dad's friend had a pit bull that was the nicest, sweetest dog I have ever known. Every time they came over, I would play with the dog for hours. 

28. Are you a cat or dog person?
I have both and I love both. I don't understand being just one or the other. Liking dogs doesn't preclude someone from liking cats.

29. Are you married?
Yes. To Jon Bon Jovi. He just doesn't know it yet. Other than that, no.

30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes

31. Been in a car accident?
Yes. Last year. I was on my bike, but there was a car involved.

32. Any pet peeves?
So many. Poor grammar and spelling is one, or two. "Would of" instead of "would've or would have". Oh, and pink jerseys. My favourite colour is pink and most of my clothes are pink but NJ Devils colours are not pink, so why would I wear a pink Devils jersey. I don't know what marketing genius thought up that one. Being a girl doesn't stop me from wearing team colours. It shouldn't be so hard to find girl's sizes in the real team colours. Ok, I'm done with that rant. I'm just saying Don Draper wouldn't put up with that.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, red onions, roasted garlic, pineapple, and mango.

34. Favorite Flower?
I don't really have a favourite but I like hibiscus. And also snap dragons, but not nearly as much as my sister does. ("Aw man, these aren't even snap dragons." Sorry, that's an inside joke.)

35. Favorite ice cream?
I love peanut butter soy ice cream.

36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Pita pit or Subway.

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Just once. And that was enough. I don't drive anymore. Hence, the wicked-awesome bicycle.

38. From whom did you get your last email?
Sister

39. What store would you max out your credit card?
Forever 21, H&M, Sally Beauty, Tiffany's (in my dreams)

40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I cut my own hair. Big mistake. I used to do it all the time when I had super-long hair but it's a whole other story with short hair. It started as a trim in the back. And now I look like my brother at age 12.

41. Like your job?
It's not too bad. I work at a sports bar. I expedite orders and also work in pantry and take-out. When it's not busy, I can watch the hockey games, so that's pretty cool.

42. Broccoli?
No thank you.

43. What was your favorite vacation?
I went to Montreal with my sister in the summer. That was pretty cool.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
It's been a while. I don't remember. Unless a quick snack at McDonald's with my dad counts.

45. What are you listening to right now?
The computer is kinda buzzing. Other than that, silence.

46. What is your favorite color?
Pink. But I also like purples and teals/aquamarines.

47. How many tattoos do you have?
None. Tattoos freak me out almost as much as piercings do. And I'm way too indecisive to have something permanently put on my body. I change nail polish every day for goodness sake!

48. What do you like to do when nobody else is around?
Snuggle with my cat and watch tv.

49. Favorite Movie?
I have so many. I love musicals. And brat pack movies. I really liked Jersey Girl but I think I'm one of three on that. Stand By Me will also be one of my tops.

50. Coffee drinker?
Not so much. I love the smell but I don't drink it.

As promised, here's SH Xtreme Wear in Ivy League, and the compulsory accent nail with gold glitter.
This is an apple green with gold shimmer. I don't wear greens too often but I like this one. It's a nice, bright spring colour, which explains why I'm showing it to you in November.

No comments: