Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Huge Elf Haul

My ELF order from their 60% off sale came today. I hadn't realized just how big an order it was but I definitely took advantage of the discount. For around $45 (including shipping) I got 46 items. I know that sounds like way too much but in my defense I split the order with my sister. (She bought 14 items.)

So, what did I get?
Vanilla Coconut Body Lotion, Hand Soap, and Hand Sanitizer-I've tried this scent out a couple times before and it smells absolutely delicious. I already have the hand cream and shower gel.
Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Ash-Just by swatching this on my hand, it looks promising. It went on smoothly but it might take some getting used to before I can do nice lines.
Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in Vanilla Creme-I've tried the strawberry before and liked it so hopefully this one is similar. It doesn't seem to have any vanilla scent though.
Liquid Eye Liner in Silver-I realized this morning that I already have silver. Oops. I guess that might mean I have too much make up. Anyway, I think I meant to get Ash. I'll put this one away until I need it, or maybe pass it on to someone that wants it.
Shine Eraser Sheets-I love these blotting papers. They work well and cost so much less than other brands.
Eye Widener-This pencil is really creamy and drew smoothly on my hand. I'll have to try it out on my eyes to see if it smudges though. I'm not really a fan of the sharpener on the cap.

Nourishing Cuticle Pen
Lip Primer & Plumper
Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Plum/Purple and Green/Moss-If these work, it'll be handy for quick makeup when I'm in a rush. I'll give them a shot and have a review up soon.
Lip Stain in Mysterious and First Date-Mysterious seems much darker in person and without trying it on, I don't think I can pull off this shade of brown. But First Date is a shimmery pink-coral that I already love.
Eyebrow Lifter & Filler-I had a hard time choosing the right shade for this. My eyebrows are natural almost black but my hair is much lighter (ginger right now but naturally auburn). So I chose dark but I think that might not even be dark enough.
Concealer Pencil & Brush-The formula on this concealer feels a little weird, almost waxy. I've never used a pencil concealer before so maybe that is normal. But, seriously, not a fan of the sharpeners on all the caps.

Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph and Nicely Nude
Kabuki Face Brush
Cream Eyeliner in Ivory
Lip Balm SPF 15
Dual Pencil Sharpener
Complexion Perfection-I actually bought two of these as backup for the one I'm using now. 
Matte Top Coat-Not gonna lie, I bought three bottles. I love matte nails and it's not very easy to find matte top coat (especially for 40 cents a bottle). So, hopefully, this isn't a bust.

And last but not least, I indulged my nail polish addiction with six new colours:
Cranberry: shimmery dark red
Hot Pink: dark, bright pink. I might be able to cross an item off my wish list with this colour.
Champagne: shimmery light peachy brown
Red Velvet: shimmery dark red, but lighter than Cranberry and more of a true red
Purple Pleaser: grape creme. Considering how many purples I have,it's surprising I don't have one like this.

I also ordered Passion Pink. But what came in my order says Mango Madness on the box and the bottle. I specifically didn't order Mango Madness because I am fully aware that even though I love corals, I have too many that I just don't wear. The colour in the bottle, however, looks much more like Passion Pink than Mango Madness does on their site so I can't be sure what colour it really is but it's a gorgeous bright pink with gold shimmer that I can't wait to wear.

Did anyone else order during this sale? I'd love to see your hauls.

No comments: