Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

NOTD: Fauxnad-icure

I love the look of Konad images on nails but there was no way I could justify paying $6.99 for one image plate, not even including a stamp and scraper. So, I found a knock-off on ebay for under $8 (including shipping) that had six image plates, a stamper, and scraper. All for the price of one Konad plate! 
Anyway, I've been experimenting with different combinations of colours and some polishes definitely work better for stamping than others. (I'm not about to pay extra for special polishes.) Since I couldn't find my charger I haven't been able to take pictures of my NOTDs for a few days, but I finally have batteries in my camera, so here is my first "fauxnad-cure" to show you.
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue It over Virtual Violet. I unashamedly stole this colour combo from Susie because I loved her Konadicure over Gum Drop. Check it out here.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Hey, thanks for the mention. Pretty manicure. :)
You can get 21 plates on Amazon for under $18. You can read the reviews first. Find them here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ILUQPM/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1MXLL8D7VJOBX
Sorry if this is a repeat but I can't remember who has entered.
I'm having a new giveaway: http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/enter-my-kiss-giveaway.html
Susie

Michelle said...

I actually ordered that set of plates about a day after I got this. I wanted to try out a couple images first so I got an (even cheaper) set just in case I didn't like it. Then, I realized how amazing it is so I ordered that set as well. I'm hoping it comes soon.

beautifulwithbrains said...

Love this, your nails are so cute!