Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

NOTD: Two-for-one Blue Glitters

Today's NOTD is a twofer. I hate wearing the same nail polish two days in a row, so a lot of times when I'm feeling lazy, I'll either add a coat of glitter or go from matte to glossy or vice versa to change it up without actually removing my polish and starting from scratch. I did this last week but of course forgot to take pictures before it was too late so I recreated the look to photograph. I have to apologize for the photos; glitters are always hard to photograph and these colours in particular were no exception.

I started off with China Glaze Dorothy Who? with a matte top coat. I absolutely love this colour. It's beautiful with a shiny finish but the matte top coat adds something extra that completely puts it over the top for me.



















The next day I added a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Shooting Star to add even more glitter. Left is with flash; right, without. I find Shooting Star a little boring on it's own but layering it over dark blues seems to bring out the best in this polish.

Do you ever double up on your manicures to get an extra day? What are your favourite combinations?


No comments: