Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Review: Elf Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm

I've had pretty bad chapped lips lately because I ran out of my favourite lip balm then had to use another (which actually makes my lips more chapped). So, I decided to try out Elf's Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews on the Elf website. 

PROS:
*softens lips
*price
*subtle strawberry scent
*no weird taste

CONS:
*heavy on lips
*wears off quickly if you are eating or drinking (or if you have a habit of licking your lips)
*if you go a day without it, your lips are back to the same awful condition (that might just be mine because they were so bad to start with)

Overall, I do like this lip balm. I've been using it a little under a week (other than a day or two I skipped it) and I've found that the days I do use it, my lips are noticeably softer. But since it does feel so heavy and kinda oily, I wear it at night mostly. Then in the morning, before I do my makeup, I put it on for just a while, then take it off and apply my lip color for the day. I tried the strawberry one. It's not strongly scented and it doesn't taste like strawberry, so that will be a pro for some but not others. It's also available in vanilla, orange, and blackberry.

Would I buy it again? Probably. I don't think this will be my go-to lip balm, but the price is perfect to keep a few handy (purse, car, beside the bed).

No comments: