Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Attempt at Nail Foils

A couple months ago, I made a Dollar Nail Art haul. One of the things I was most excited about were the nail foils, but they were also the only thing I was really nervous about. I thought they might not work or I would struggle too much and they would just look awful. So they've sat in a drawer taunting me since my order arrived. I chose six patterns and they all look gorgeous on the transfer paper, but I doubted I could make them look good on my nails. 

Yesterday, I finally decided to just go for it. After all, the great thing about nail art is you can always take it off and start over. And who knows, maybe I just happen to have a great talent for applying nail foils. Turns out, I don't. But I want to show you my first attempt anyway.
Not too bad overall. I had a little trouble getting it all the way to my cuticles and there are a few spots where the pattern didn't transfer completely, but there's definitely potential with these. I'll have to try again and let you guys know how it goes. This pattern is called Fifth Avenue and it's over one coat of Wet n Wild Black Creme.

For anyone who hasn't heard of Dollar Nail Art before, it's an e-tailer that has tons of nail art supplies and each item is (you guessed it) a dollar. For some of their products, the amount you get for a buck is pretty tiny but some are a great deal. The nail foils are one of the better deals. For a dollar, you get a roll that will do several manicures at least, even with a few practice attempts. Their minimum order is $25 though, so it might be a good idea to do a group buy with a few friends.

If anyone has any tips on how to make the nail foils work, I'd love to hear them.

No comments: